Spotlight: On Saturday, the Bellmore-Merrick Girls Varsity Swim Team beat perennial Powerhouse Garden City by a score of 101-82. The win ended Garden City’s winning streak at 103 and gave the Lady Sharks their first Conference One title with a record of 8-0. Click here for more details.
- Mepham: After two tough games against MacArthur and Garden City, the Pirates (2-4) bounced back in big fashion as they defeated Westbury 48-0. Tyler Davis had two passing touchdowns and added another on the ground during the winning effort.
- Kennedy: The Cougars (2-4) celebrated homecoming in glorious fashion, as they enjoyed a 27-0 win over visiting Herricks. It was the Kennedy defense that fueled success on Friday night, as Chris Jones led the way with 12 tackles. Ralph Faiella also forced two turnovers for the winning cause. Click here to learn how your can share your photos from homecoming.
- Calhoun: The Colts (1-5) dropped a tough one on Saturday against Carey, 34-10. The Calhoun offense wasn't able to break through for a touchdown until the fourth quarter, but that turned out to be too late.
- Mepham: It's been a tough week for the Lady Pirates (6-6) as they were swept in consecutive matches by Uniondale (9-2) and Plainview JFK (7-1). Emily Strack has 10 kills for Plainview JFK in the most recent game on Oct. 15.
- Kennedy: The Lady Cougars (7-3) have been on a roll lately, as they've secured victories in each of their past three matches. Most recently, it took five games to top Herricks on Oct. 11. Jamie Demmett had 24 assists in the winning effort.
- Calhoun: It's been a magical season for the Lady Colts, who remain undefeated (13-0). In their most recent match against Oceanside, the Lady Colts were pushed to the limit, but a big fifth-game showing helped Calhoun stay perfect.
- Mepham: It's been a stellar season thus far for the Pirates, as they sit in second place in Conference II (9-1). Most recently, Mepham defeated Hempstead Tuesday in three straight games. David Gilroy had 15 kills and seven aces in the win.
- Kennedy: As good as Mepham's been, Kennedy has been better. Currently they stand in first place in Conference III (16-0). Their most recent win came on Monday when they topped Long Beach in three straight games. Justin Feigeles had 11 kills to help the cause.
- Calhoun: It's been a tough go of it during the past week for the Colts. On Oct. 10, Calhoun was swept by Massapequa, and that was followed by a loss to Oceanside on Oct. 12. The Colts have yet to secure a win (0-7) this season.
- Mepham: Two was the magic number this week for the Lady Pirates (3-4-3). On Oct. 11, Mepham tied 2-2 against Farmingdale. That was followed by a 2-0 loss to rival Calhoun on Oct. 13. Finally, Mepham tied with Kennedy High School on Oct. 15 2-2 as well. Samantha Picinich had two goals for the Pirates.
- Kennedy: Fresh off of a 2-1 victory against East Meadow, the Cougars (5-6-2) sit in fifth place in Conference AA-1. Nicole Liotta had five saves in the win for Kennedy.
- Calhoun: Jessica Foley's two goals led Calhoun to a 2-0 win over Mepham on Oct. 13. Prior to that, Calhoun shut out (6-4-2) shut out Massapequa 3-0. Kayla Cappuzzo had a goal and two assists in the win.
- Mepham: In their lone game this week, the Pirates (2-6-3) fell against Plainview JFK, 2-0. Matt Waldmann had 10 saves for Mepham in the losing effort.
- Kennedy: Despite losing 5-2 to Elmont on Oct. 10, the Cougars (2-4-3) bounced back nicely with a 1-0 win at Carey. Hunter Brodman scored the goal, while Jake Silverman made six saves in the win.
- Calhoun: After a pair of wins against Great Neck South and Herricks, the Colts (7-3-1) lost 3-1 to Knox and tied 2-2 against Elmont. In their latest game, Tom Murphy scored a pair of goals to ensure the tie.