As the 2013-14 school year quickly approaches, words cannot truly express what an honor and a privilege it is to be back in Bellmore-Merrick as your Superintendent of Schools.
Having spent the first fifteen years of my career in this incredible school district, my memories of working in this community have never left my heart. So here it is ten years later and I cherish the opportunity I have been given to join the Bellmore-Merrick educational community once again.
Toward that end, I want to share my vision for the Bellmore-Merrick CHSD as we move further into the 21st Century.
In the future, this vision will include the thoughts and ideas from the various constituent groups that represent the CHSD; the Board of Education, central and building administrative teams, faculty and staff, and from members of the community. Together, we can all contribute toward future success for our children.
Some of the key components of that vision will be marked by:
- Increased academic success and student performance for all students.
- Closing the communication gap that can sometimes exist in a CHSD.
- Strengthening ties to our elementary component districts.
- Staying fiscally strong and responsible during these difficult times.
- Upgrading all our facilities including, but not limited to: science labs, bathrooms, HVAC units, fields, etc.
- Renewing our tradition of “cutting edge” instructional and technological initiatives.
- Furthering the reputation of the Bellmore-Merrick CHSD as a powerhouse in all areas in the NYS Public Schools arena.
- Keeping and strengthening our ties to the community as our partners.
- Identifying and solidifying our overall safety/security plans and needs.
- Keeping students first and always in our decision making process.
As the summer sky begins to fade and sunshine gets shorter with each passing day, the time for new beginnings is upon us. Of course, one of those new beginnings is the start of a new school year.
My sincerest hope is that the new school year fulfills your great expectations for your children. Rest assured, we will do our very best to make certain our kids reach those lofty expectations, achieve success and take advantage of the many educational opportunities that the Bellmore-Merrick CHSD has to offer.
Benjamin Franklin once wrote, “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” Our collective investment in your children’s education is, and always will be, our primary mission.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and see you in September!