The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime.
- A teller in a Wantagh bank was arrested Friday afternoon for stealing about $32,000 from an 82-year-old customer Nassau County police said. Click here for more.
- On Oct. 20 at 8 p.m., a 14-year-old girl was punched in the face by her father after an argument. Child Protective Services was notified.
- On Oct. 15 at 7:41 p.m., a male and female speaking Italian distracted the cashier at Pathmark while she was ringing up a pack of gum and making change. The female suspect kept touching the register while it was open. The complainant was notified by their loss prevention office that similar cases have been discovered throughout Long Island and the suspects have hit other locations. They are referred to as “’Till Tappers”. They target college age cashiers and scam them for money. $430 was stolen.
- On Oct. 19, at 3 p.m., three 16-year-old subjects climbed into a window on Bayview Street, setting off an alarm. They said they needed to use the bathroom.
- Police have identified the man who allegedly burglarized an Emily Street home in August. Click here for more.
- A Lindenhurst man who was riding in a car stopped for a traffic violation was busted after officers found drugs on him, Nassau County police said. Click here for more.
- On Oct. 17, the complainant and suspect made contact via CraigsList and suspect sent complainant a check and request some money be sent back via MoneyGram. The complainant was duped out of $1,790.
- On Oct. 17, between midnight and 2:55 p.m., the complainant’s unsecured bicycle was stolen from BOCES Carmans Road School.
- On Oct. 15, at 7:30 p.m., an unknown male and female approached the courtesy desk at Waldbaums to purchase cigarettes and a soda. The suspect didn’t speak English and convinced the cashier to remove the cash drawer. The female suspect reached into the drawer while the male distracted the cashier. Male was described as 30 years old, dark hair and eyes, 5’6”, thin build. Female described as 60 years old, silver and black hair with wrinkled face. They were both wearing dark baseball hats. $500 was stolen.
- On Oct. 20, at 1:35 a.m., Alicia Hamparian, of West Sayville, was arrested on Unqua Road for DWI.
- On Oct. 14, at 3 p.m., unknown suspect(s) made nasty comments and threats naming a Nassau County Police Officer at the Nassau County Police Academy on 2nd Avenue. The investigation is ongoing.
- On Oct. 18, at 9:24 p.m., an unknown suspect dropped a lighter into a mailbox on Park Boulevard, setting it on fire. The Postal Service put a dry chemical into the box to extinguish the fire. Damage to the mail inside is unknown at this point.
- At 12:30 a.m. on Oct. 20, the complainant observed a male subject leaving a package on the branch of a tree at the intersection of Westwood Road North and Cedar Place. Victor Fabian responded to location on his cell phone and then left in a 2006 gray Nissan, police said. Officers responded to the location and discovered the package contained six wrapped unused hypodermic needles.