- In what made for a joyous and at times emotional event, nearly a dozen couples impacted by Hurricane Sandy including one from Bellmore renewed their wedding vows on Valentine’s Day at a ceremony led by Town of Hempstead Supervisor Kate Murray at the Bridgeview Yacht Club in Island Park. Click here for more.
- Pitch In For Baseball (PIFB), a not-for-profit that collects and redistributes new and gently-used youth baseball/softball equipment to communities in need all across the world, is donating $150,000 worth of baseball equipment to youth baseball leagues and communities in the New York/New Jersey area that were impacted by the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, including one in Merrick. Click here for the details.
- Rather than eating chocolate or candy on Valentine’s Day, the sixth graders at Levy-Lakeside Elementary School took a healthy approach to raise money and awareness for the American Heart Association. For more details on this, click here.
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced Thursday that New Yorkers who lost their jobs or income due to Hurricane Sandy have an extension to Feb. 28, to apply for federal disaster unemployment assistance. Click here for more on this story.
- The Calhoun Boys Basketball team was eliminated from the AA playoffs Saturday after falling in a nail biter to Freeport, 50-46. Click here for a full recap.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something