So take a look here, and for more events – because there are plenty of other events going on as well – check out our calendars on Bellmore, Merrick, Wantagh-Seaford, Levittown, East Meadow, Massapequa and Farmingdale Patch.
The Main Street Mile in Farmingdale
- The ninth annual “Main Street Mile” will take place on Sat., Aug. 31, beginning at 9 a.m. (Kid’s Fun Run at 8:30 a.m.) on Main Street in Farmingdale.
- The event is held in memory of a long-time fixture at Long Island road races – John McManus.
- Families and recreational runners are encouraged to join elite participants in the event that will benefit Pat LaFontaine’s Companions in Courage Foundation (www.CiC16.org)
- Free admission on Aug. 31 at 10 a.m. at Holy Trinity Orthodox Church in East Meadow.
- Featuring Slavic, Greek, and American Foods. There will be children’s activities, interactive church tours, prayer services throughout the day, religious items, bBaba’s Treasures (Flea Market), a Chinese Auction, merchandise vendors and a 50/50 Raffle.
- For more information call 516-483-3649 or email email@example.com
- Dr. Chris is offering free backpack safety check-ups on Aug. 31 at 9:30 a.m. at Priestley Chiropractic, which is located at 81 Conklin St.
- Keep your children healthy! If you're unable to make it into the office, check out my backpack safety tips before heading out to purchase school supplies!
- Comedian Chris Distefano will have three shows: Friday at 8 p.m., and Saturday at 8 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- Described as a high energy comic, Chris Distefano acts out a variety of characters derived from his life, typically leaving you on the edge of your seat wondering “Who the hell is that he’s talking about?”
- Chris has worked at all of the top comedy clubs across New York City including but not limited to Gotham Comedy Club, Broadway Comedy Club, Caroline’s on Broadway, and the Laugh Lounge.
- Sunday, Sept. 1 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 25 Peony Road.
- Rain date on Monday.
- Many children's items, bric-a-brac, books, and more. There's something for everyone.