For many people, the Super Bowl takes down Christmas as "the most wonderful time of the year."
This year's game between the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers is scheduled for a 6:30 p.m. kickoff on Sunday, Feb. 6. The game features two teams that have been on cruise control since the playoffs began and promises to be a matchup for the ages.
But some things are more important than the Super Bowl, like the parties and endless amounts of food that comes with it! Hosting a party can be a little tricky, but with the right friends and the right food, it can be a memorable day for everyone involved.
So whether you've hosted a Super Bowl party before or this is your first time, here's a list of nine places in Bellmore that will have everything your mouth desires for Super Bowl Sunday.
- Jimmyjacks: Jimmyjacks offers a number of deals for Super Bowl Sunday, including the "mini package." The deal consists of any mini sandwich at any number the customer wants. Trays of burgers and hot dogs are also available, as is a Super Bowl Sunday wing special.
- Wing Zone The "wing kings" have several different types of wings to choose from including mild, hot, nuclear, teriyaki, cajun, honey BBQ, lemon pepper and more. Platters can include up to 400 wings, 200 chicken fingers, 400 shrimp and six pounds of fries.
- Piccolo Ristorante: From salads to garlic knots to baked ziti, Piccolo's catering menu has every Italian speciality to make your gridiron get-together a hit.
- John Moore's Deli: John Moore's offers an incredible selection of small and large appretizer platters, as well as half and full trays of poultry, pastas, pork, beef, seafood and veal. Check out the full catering menu here.
- Bellamore Pizzeria: Don't forget that pizza is one of the five major food groups ... at least on Super Bowl Sunday. The pizzeria offers a mix of pizza, pasta and other Italian-American dishes and also delivers.
- Zorn's: The catering menu at Zorn's offers chicken, ribs, turkey, gourmet sandwiches and dinner rolls for large crowds of up to 30 people.
- Mama Gina's: Mama Gina's offers an extensive catering menu – seafood, salads, pastas, baked dishes, chicken, veal, sausage and eggplant – that will leave even the most frenzied football fans in a food coma.
- Bellcrest Kosher Deli: For those of you looking to go Kosher on Super Bowl Sunday, it's all taken care of. The deli offers cold cuts, prepared foods, bagels, sandwiches, kosher meats and popular Jewish-American dishes.
- Bellmore Bagel & Deli: The deli offers a variety of cold cuts, prepared foods and a broad menu of specialty sandwiches to make gameday filling for everyone.