After months of workshops, school board meetings and debate, Bellmore and North Bellmore residents will have an opportunity to vote on the proposed 2012-13 school budgets on Tuesday.
Here is everything you need to know to make an informed decision on May 15.
- The Budget: The Bellmore Board of Education proposed a 2012-13 budget of $31,943,890. Read more here.
- Two Board Seats: Incumbents Marion Blane and Brian Desmond will be running for school board seats. They are both up for re-election.
- Where to vote: Bellmore School Board Elections will take place at the Shore Road School from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- The Budget: The proposed 2012-13 budget for the North Bellmore School District is $47,901,815. According to Superintendent Arnold Goldtstein, the budget is at negative .27 percent, which is the lowest the district has had. There will be no cuts to programs. Goldstein said that the decision to close Jacob Gunther Elementary School lead to the low budget increase. Read more here.
- Two School Board Seats: Incumbent Joe Perrone- Challengers Nina Lanci and Marc Berkowitz. Incumbent Grace Cramsie - Challengers Peter Mayo and Greg Bashaw.
- Where to Vote: The North Bellmore School Board Elections will take place at Newbridge Road School from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District
- The Budget: The Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District Board of Education proposed a $133 million budget for the 2012-13 school year. Read more here.
- Board seats: Diane Seaman of Merrick will not run again for her seat.This also means that she will no longer sit on the Central High SchoolDistrict Board. Patch will keep you up to date as to who will be taking her seat for the 2012-13 school year.
- Where to Vote: Bellmore residents can vote at the Shore Road School from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. and North Bellmore residents can vote at Newbridge Road School from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Get the results of the Bellmore/North Bellmore school budget and board elections delivered right to your inbox or smartphone by signing up for our breaking news alerts and daily newsletter here. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.