The Kennedy High School gymnasium was filled with excitement and transformed into the Kennedy High School Ballroom last Saturday evening, as six alumni were inducted into the John F. Kennedy High School " Hall of Fame." The induction was the first held in seventeen years. These six outstanding individuals were selected based on their success in their chosen profession and the service they have rendered either in Bellmore-Merrick or surrounding communities. All six embody the visionary spirit of President John F. Kennedy:
Kenny Dichter – Class of 1986
A 1990 graduate of the University of Wisconsin, Kenny Dichter has been an entrepreneur in sports marketing, retail and manufacturing. He is the founder of three companies:
- Alphabet City (a recording company)
- Tour GCX Inc. (golf access)
- Marquis Jet (travel access)
Kenny' s entrepreneurial success allowed him to create MarquisCare, which supports more than 50 different charities. A participant in JFK' s Senior Experience Program, Kenny is a favored guest speaker in Kennedy' s classrooms.
Doug Ellin – Class of 1986
A 1990 graduate of Tulane University, Doug Ellin has become an acclaimed comic, actor, writer, producer and director. His credits include:
- Creator, Head Writer, and Producer of the hit television show, Entourage.
- Writer, Actor and Director of Life with Bonnie, Kissing a Fool, Phat Beach, The Pitch and The Waiter.
Doug is a creative artist, a philanthropist, and a recognized leader in the field of television.
Jonathan Fish – Class of 1980
A 1984 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania' s Wharton School of Business, Jonathan Fish then studied at Oxford University, earning a diploma in 1988.
- Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of the Advertising Council
- Five-time National Champion (Rowing)
- Seven-time Member, World Rowing Championship
- Gold Medalist-1986 Goodwill Games, Russia
- Olympian in Seoul, Korea 1988
- Silver Medalist-1991 Pan American Games, Cuba
Jon is a recognized business executive, adjunct professor, CPA, United States Olympian, member of Board of Directors of Row, New York, and former member of the United States Olympic Committee.
Lori E. Horowitz Moran – Class of 1979
A graduate of Hofstra University and Hofstra University School of Law, Lori Horowitz Moran was admitted to the New York State Bar Association at the age of 22. In addition to participating as an attorney, she has held a variety of county positions:
- Chief Counsel, Nassau County Board of Supervisors
- Chief Prosecutor for Child Abuse, Nassau County
- Bureau Chief, Nassau County Department of Real Estate
- Chief of Operations for Nassau County Executive Thomas Gulotta
- Chief Operating Officer – Private Management Co.
Dr Matthew Kuschner – Class of 1977
A graduate of The State University of New York at Albany, Matthew Kuschner continued his studies at New York Chiropractic College. Formerly a private practicioner, Dr. Kuschner now serves as a medical investigator for a national insurance company.
- Chiropractor/Medical Investigator
- Fifteen-year Trustee, North Merrick Board of Education
- Six-year Trustee and/or Officer, Bellmore-Merrick CHSD Board of Education
- Member, Board of Directors of Bellmore-Merrick Community Wellness Center
- Commissioner: CYO and PAL Football
- Three-year Trustee, Congregation B' nai Israel
As a long time community advocate, Matthew Kuschner transformed his passion into action.
David Paul Weiss – Class of 1968
A graduate of Buffalo University and Hofstra University School of Law, David Paul Weiss is a member of the first graduating class of John F. Kennedy High School. David is the backbone of countless organizations and community activities in Bellmore-Merrick, providing pro-bono legal services, as well as active support:
- Five-time President and 25-year Member of Bellmore Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Board of Directors, Bellmore-Merrick Cultural Arts Foundation
- Founder, JFK Alumni Wrestling Club
- Officer, JFK Sports Booster Club
- Advisor, BMCHSD Scholarship Program
- Mentor, BMCHSD Senior Experience/Shadow Days
Mr. Weiss is a tireless community advocate, an ardent support of all activities at Kennedy High School, and a true role model.