The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime.
- Homes on Sunrise Avenue and Centre Avenue were reported burglarized on Dec. 21. Jewelry and cash was taken from the house on Sunrise Avenue, police said.
- A Dairy Barn on N. Jerusalem Road in East Meadow along the Bellmore border was robbed at knifepoint on Dec. 23, according to Nassau County Police. For more on story, click here.
- Angel Bermudez, 17, of Hempstead was arrested on Dec. 28. On Dec. 26, police found two male victims, ages 16 and 18, lying on the ground in Freeport suffering from apparent gunshot wounds. Both were transported to local hospitals with non-life threatening injuries. Bermudez was charged with two counts of second-degree attempted murder and first degree criminal use of a firearm.
- On Dec. 27 at 10:52 p.m., a 20-year-old male was sitting in a parked 1998 Oldsmobile on Atlantic Avenue when an unknown male Hispanic approached and fired several shots at him. The victim sustained bullet wounds to his arm and abdomen and was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition. The subject was wearing a black sweatsuit with writing on the left side of the chest.
- Freeport police officers responded to a residence on North Columbus Avenue for the report of shots fired at a house on Dec. 31 at 2 a.m.. Rounds were fired from a shotgun into the first and second floors of the home. Shell casings were recovered in front of the residence. Six persons were in the home at the time of the shooting and no injuries were reported.
Like Bellmore Patch on Facebook by clicking here.
- RadioShack on 3491 Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown was burglarized on Dec. 27 after a suspect broke the front door with a slab of concrete. For more on story, click here.
- Two Baldwin men were arrested after they allegedly tried to break into multiple homes in Merrick on the morning of Dec. 29, police said. For more on story, click here.
- The AT&T Product Center on Sunrise Highway in Merrick was robbed on Dec. 28, police said. For more on story, click here.
- On Dec. 31 at 8:20 p.m., a male victim, 38, while walking on East Fulton Avenue, was approached by a male, armed with a silver handgun, who demanded money. When the victim denied, the subject fired two shots, striking the victim in the arm and buttock. The victim walked to Babylon Turnpike and notified police, and he was transported to the hospital for treatment. The subject is described as a male black in his late 20s to early 30s, five-foot-nine, 140 pounds, wearing a gray Fedora and dark clothing.
- On Dec. 21, John Black, 27, of Seaford was arrested during a traffic investigation in Wantagh and charged with second-degree harassment, second and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and five vehicle and traffic law violations.
- A home on Beech Street in Wantagh was burglarized on Dec. 19 with jewelry stolen. Police said the point of entry was through a rear window.
- Three rifles and a shotgun were stolen during a burglary of a house on Willowood Drive in Wantagh on Dec. 22.
- On Dec. 22, Maria Perez, 28, of Lindenhurst was arrested at the intersection of Sunrise Highway and Wantagh Avenue and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, driving while intoxicated and six vehicle and traffic law violations.
- Police responded to the intersection of Sunrise Highway and Wantagh Avenue on Dec. 23 at 4 a.m. after nine people were involved in a physical altercation at the site. No arrests were reported.