A Massapequa woman who was spotted carrying a wrench and a license plate was arrested in connection with a Massapequa burglary and a Bellmore auto theft. Click here for the details on that story.
More Crime News
- On Aug. 11, between 1 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., the LIPA/National Grid building at 2400 Sunrise Hwy. had its chain-lined fence damaged.
- On Aug. 12 at 9:20 p.m., a female went into 7-Eleven at 2800 Sunrise Hwy and left her 2003 black Mazda 6 running. When she returned, the vehicle was missing. The Massapequa woman referenced above was arrested in connection with the crime.
- On Aug. 8, Shanel Harris, 20, of Bellmore, was arrested on Colonial Drive in Massapequa and charged with second-degree assault, first-degree burglary, three counts of third-degree assault and resisting arrest.
- A car parked in a driveway on Brody Lane was broken into sometime between 6 p.m. on Aug. 14 7 a.m. on Aug. 15. CD's and a phone charger were reported missing.
- Sometime after 7:45 a.m. on Aug. 9, a vehicle parked on Newbridge Road had its plates stolen while it was in a driveway.
- On Aug. 10 at 1:23 p.m., an unauthorized payment of $219 was made with a debit card at a store on Beltagh Avenue in Bellmore.
- Sometime between 8 p.m. on Aug. 5 and 7 a.m. on Aug. 6, there was damage done to the track at Mepham High School.
- Sometime between 11 p.m. on Aug. 10 and 10:30 a.m. on Aug. 11, someone ripped the wires out of a Verizon service box outside of Gino's Pizzeria on Jerusalem Avenue.
- Sometime between 5 p.m. on Aug. 9 and 3 p.m. on Aug. 10, a vehicle parked in a driveway on Fowler Street in Bellmore had its windshield broken.
Have a question on this crime report? Email Editor Michael Ganci at Michael.Ganci@patch.com.
Let Patch save you time. Get local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.