More Crime News
- A Nassau County jury has convicted former Nassau County Deputy Police Commissioner William Flanagan on two counts of official misconduct and one count of conspiracy in connection with his role in preventing the arrest of a Merrick teenager whose father was a personal friend and financial benefactor of the police. Click here for more.
- Nicholas Schwamb, 19, of Bellmore was arrested and charged with driving while impaired by drugs and unlawful possession of marijuana at Long Beach Boulevard and East Walnut Street in Long Beach on Feb. 4, according to the Long Beach Police Department.
- Sometime between Feb. 5-11, an unknown suspect cut a hole in a chain-linked fence at Wantagh Mazda, located at 853 Sunrise Highway in Bellmore, and stole tires and rims from four vehicles.
- Sometime between 9:30 p.m. and 11:20 p.m. on Feb. 17, a car was broken into while parked in the Applebee's parking lot. Cigarettes and an undisclosed amount of cash were stolen.
- At 12:21 a.m. on Feb. 12, Michael Coveny, 46, of Bellmore, was arrested at the intersection of Newbridge Road and Sunrise Highway and charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated driving while intoxicated and a violation of the vehicle and traffic law.
Have questions on this crime report? Email Editor Michael Ganci at Michael.Ganci@patch.com.