Sometime between 10 p.m. on Aug. 26 and 9 a.m. on Aug. 27, a Volkswagen Jetta that was parked in front of a home on Bellmore Avenue was broken into and a men's suit was stolen. There was no damage done to the vehicle, police said.
Other Crime News
- On Aug. 23 at 10:30 a.m., the homeowner of a Lakeview Road home in Bellmore complained that money had been stolen from his residence.
- Sometime between 5 p.m. on Aug. 27 and 7:30 a.m. on Aug. 28, two vehicles park outside of the LIPA/Keyspan building at 2400 Sunrise Highway in Bellmore were broken into. Copper cables were reported missing.
- On Aug. 30 between 1 p.m. and 2:15 p.m., a blue Dodge Charger was broken into while it was parked in the Applebee's parking lot. A tablet and camera were reported stolen, according to police.
- On Aug. 29, Brian Baylis, 50, of Bellmore, was arrested on Royale Street near Washington Avenue in Bellmore and charged with obstruction of government administration, resisting arrest and unlawful possession of marijuana.
- On Sept. 2 at 8 a.m., a fence was damaged at CVS, which is located at 2660 Jerusalem Ave. in North Bellmore.
Have questions about this crime report? Email Editor Michael Ganci at Michael.Ganci@patch.com.