The following information is taken directly from the Nassau County Police Department's incident reports. None of the defendants have been convicted of a crime.
- A Bellmore man was arrested Tuesday morning after he was spotted acting erratically in North Bellmore. To hear more about how he allegedly tried to hide cocaine in his mouth when approached by police, click here.
- On Feb. 8, at 5:19 p.m., an unknown suspect allegedly stole the complainant's wallet while she was at the Women's Health Center, which is located at 2750 Merrick Rd. in Bellmore.
- On Feb. 7 at 9 a.m, an unknown caller attempted to scam a complainant that lives on West Alder Road in Bellmore with a fake lottery winning.
- Seventh Precinct plain clothes officers, after a hearing about a cell phone store burglary in Suffolk County, began checking locations in Massapequa. At 2:54 a.m. on Feb. 13, they came upon two male blacks who were at the AT&T store on Sunrise Highway. After a foot pursuit, both were apprehended. A third subject was also arrested. Kareem Edney, 20, Valon Vailes, 20, and Sterling Green, 20, all of Freeport, are charged with third-degree attempted burglary and fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property.
- A Freeport man pleaded guilty Friday to stealing a Hicksville resident’s vehicle at gunpoint and then intentionally crashing into a police vehicle after officers had trapped him in Fayette Elementary School's parking lot. For more on this, click here.
- According to detectives, on Feb. 3, at 11:15 p.m., Sean Taylor, 19, of Freeport, approached the male victim, 16, and asked him to walk around the building. When the victim refused, Taylor attempted to take his property. A struggle ensued and the Taylor pushed the victim through a plate glass window, and he suffered a hand laceration and cuts to his back. He was treated for his injuries and released. Taylor was located and placed under arrest. He's being charged with second-degree attempted robbery, second-degree assault and fourth-degree criminal mischief.
- Sometime between Nov. 25, 2012 and Feb. 6, 2013, a complainant that lives on Dorothy Court in Merrick reported that jewelry and other items were stolen from her bedroom.
- On Feb. 6, at 12:56 p.m., Shikema Mays, 19, of Freeport, was arrested at Home Goods, which is located at 1644 Merrick Rd., and charged with petit larceny.
- Police officers were conducting a robbery investigation on Feb. 16 at 11:30 p.m. in Roosevelt and observed Joshua Daren Hill, 18 of Hempstead, walking on Babylon Turnpike. A foot chase ensued and Hill was found to be in possession of Oxycodiene. A .22 caliber handgun was also found on Harts Avenue. Hill was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.