- Between July 30 at 7 p.m. and Aug. 3 at 8 p.m., four new damaged areas were made in the surrounding chain link fence at the LIPA/National Grid facility located at 2400 Sunrise Highway. This is the fourth reported incident at the LIPA facility since the beginning of March.
- Graffiti was found on the garage at the Martin Avenue Elementary School. The incident is believed to have occurred between Aug. 1 at 4 p.m. and Aug. 2 at 8 a.m.
- Between 12:01 a.m. and 11 a.m. on Aug. 4 a vehicle was damaged while parked on Dewey Avenue in North Bellmore.
- Assorted jewelry was stolen from a house on Jason Drive in Bellmore on Aug. 6 around 9 p.m. Police could not determine the point of entry.
- On Aug. 7, Thomas J Crompton, 33, of Bellmore, was arrested at his home and charged with petit larceny and criminal possession of controlled substances in the seventh. According to police, Crompton was arrested after allegedly trying to steal a woman's pocketbook at Villa D’Aqua. The victim observed Crompton attempting to conceal her pocketbook under his shirt, police said. The woman and two other employees chased after Crompton when he entered his residence and was eventually arrested by responding police officers.
- Around 3:40 a.m. on Aug. 9, a resident observed an unknown white male in his driveway on Mae Court. When the complainant went outside, the suspect fled in a silver vehicle. The complainant discovered his 2007 black Pontiac scratched on all sides. He also found that the side mirrors were broken and front tire was flat.
- On July 31, an item was removed from a car that was located on Wellington Road.
- Between Aug, 2 and Aug. 4, a vehicle on Oxford Street was reported to have green spray paint on it.
- Sometime between Aug. 3 and Aug. 4, a car on Sixth Street was reported to have also been sprayed with green spray paint.
- On Aug. 3, it was reported that a vehicle’s trunk was spray painted on Sixth Street.
- A shoplifter stole $80 worth of merchandise from CVS on Hempstead Turnpike on Aug. 6.
- Sometime between Aug. 6 and Aug. 7, a brick was thrown at a door of a vehicle that was located on Cherry Place, resulting in damage.
- Sometime between July 26 and Aug. 2, there was damage done to a backyard on Old Mill Road.
- Between Aug. 2 and Aug. 3, a vehicle was scratched and a headlight was damaged at the Merrick railroad station.
- Sometime between Aug. 2 and Aug. 3, damage was done to a home on Earl Drive, possibly by a BB gun.
- On Aug. 3, there was damage reported to a car that was located on Merrick Avenue.
- On Aug. 3, it was discovered that a car was keyed across the hood in the Merrick railroad station lot.
- On Aug. 3, a police officer observed two suspicious males on bicycles near a BP Gas Station on Central Avenue. During the interview, the suspects stated they stole the bicycles earlier that day. Suspects showed the officers what house they stole it from and the victim identified his property.
- On Aug. 3, a GPS was reported stolen from a vehicle that was located on Bushwick Avenue.
- On Aug. 4, it was reported that a vehicle window was broken at the Merrick railroad station, but nothing was removed from the vehicle.
- Sometime between Aug. 4 and Aug. 5, a vehicle was scratched on Whaleneck Avenue.
- A flower pot at Napoli Marble and Granite on 3501 Merrick Rd., Seaford was reported damaged between July 30 and 31.
- On Aug. 2, Gregory E Usher, 52, of Long Beach was arrested on Sunrise Highway in Seaford and charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle.
- Three windows at the former Seaford Avenue School building were reported broken on Aug. 3. Police said the damage appears to have been caused by rocks being thrown at the building.
- On Aug. 6, Jason Zeccola, 29, of Seaford was arrested at his home and charged with third-degree criminal mischief.
- On Aug. 2, Justina Weyant, 21, of Wantagh was arrested at Kohl’s on 5300 Sunrise Hwy., Massapequa and charged with petit larceny.
- A home on Woodward Avenue in Wantagh was burglarized on Aug. 2 at 11:30 a.m. The entry was made through an unlocked door with assorted jewelry removed from the house.
- An unknown male suspect jumped on the hood and roof of a complainant’s 2003 gray Toyota Camry between Aug. 3-4 on 701 Demott Ave., Wantagh.
For questions about this crime report, e-mail Emily.Cappiello@patch.com.