- John J. Kolberg Jr., of North Bellmore, died on Oct. 22 at 71. He was the husband of the late Virginia, father of John, Richard and Jill D'Amato. He was also the grandfather of Amanda, Jenna, Sophia, Evan, Aidan, Olivia and Zachary.
- Mary Ann Jean Neary, of Merrick, died on Oct. 24. She was the wife of the late Leonard. She's survived by her sons Matthew and Canice. She was also the grandmother of Samantha, Matthew, Sidney, Logan, Julia and Jack. She was a member Member of the Merrick Hook and Ladder Company.
- ACKER - Annalisa C. Acker, of Merrick, died on Oct. 25. She was the wife of Albert L. Acker, mother of Leslee Mathieson and grandmother of Jaclyn, Thomas and Kristen.
- Jerome Alexander Walker died on Oct. 31 at 89. He was born in Bellmore and lived in Vero Beach for 15 years, coming from Naples. Survivors include his daughters, Maryellen Walker-Jacks, Nanci Walker, Linda Coulombe and Geraldine Walker McGloin; sister Doris Smith; and four grandchildren.
- Irene Ralske, formerly of Bellmore, died on Oct. 31 at 85. She is survived by her four children: Alicia Ogawa, and sons Jan, Erik, and Kurt Ralske; and four grandchildren.
- Vincent N. Costanzo, of Bellmore, died on Nov. 2. He was a longtime resident and insurance agent in Bellmore. He was the husband to the late Elaine, father of Diane Catapano, Deborah Murphy and Gary. He was also the grandfather of Denise, Hanna, Christopher, Alex and Anne.
- Louis Seltman, of North Bellmore died at 90. He was a lifetime member of the North Bellmore Fire Department. He was also the husband of the late Irene, father of Robert, Nancy Cooke and Catherine Additionally, he was the grandfather of Kai, Zen and Bo.
- Jane H. Bohn, formerly of Merrick, died in New Jersey on Nov. 2. She was the wife of the late Jacob J. Bohn.
- William E. Bimbie, of Bay Shore, who taught Spanish at Mepham High School for 32 years, died on Nov. 6, 2012 at 78. Surviving are his sister, Mary Henninger and her husband Ralph.
- Irene E. Taranto, 91, formerly of Bellmore, has passed away. She was the wife of the late Salvatore and mother of the late James. She was also the grandmother of Lisa Cussatti and Scott Taranto, as well as the great-grandmother of Fischer, Emma, Noah, and Cooper.
- Ilse Ay, of Bellmore, died on Nov. 5 at 86. She was the wife of Werner, mother of Barbara Waldron and Werner.
- Robert T. Toole, of Bellmore, died on Nov. 7 at 76. He was the husband of the late Marcia, father of Kenneth, Edward and Jeanne-Marie Mundy.
- Helen Elliott, formerly of Merrick, died on Nov. 7 at 46. She was the wife of Steven J. Elliott, and the mother of her twins, Caitlin and Jillian.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something