- William Rauschenbach, a graduate of Mepham High School died on Dec. 30 at 43. He was the husband of Kelly E. Nolan and the father of Erica Noelle, Elizabeth Nicole, Emma Christine and Esley Courteau. Rauschenbach is survived by his three brothers, Kenneth, Thomas, and Peter.; his mother and father-in-law, Donald and Marguerite Nolan; as well as his brothers and sisters-in-law, Mark Nolan, David Nolan, Laura Hinman, Barbara Marshall, Gwyn Nolan, Stephen Nolan, Jay Nolan, and DJ Nolan.
- Ellen M. Kreiner of North Merrick died on Dec. 30. She was the wife of the late Walter J. Kreiner, mother of the late Joseph W. Kreiner and mother-in-law of Karen Kreiner. She was also the grandmother of Ryan J. Kreiner, Keith Kreiner and Brett Kreiner. Kreiner was the great-grandmother of Tilly J. and Mykola, sister of Anna Byrnes. She was also predeceased by her parents Francis and Catherine Byrnes, and her brothers and sisters; James, Marion, Francis, Rose Ann, Joseph, George, Catherine and Martin.
- Bettye Lerner, once a native of Merrick, died on Dec. 31 at 76. Lerner was the mother of Broward Judge Ginger Lerner-Wren, Ken Lerner and Mark Lerner. She was also the grandmother of Erin, Matthew, Rachel, Hannah, Josh, Amy and Sarah.
- Mary Helen Hoffmann of Bellmore died on Dec. 31 at 89. She wasthe wife of the late Edwin Hoffmann, mother of Carolyn McKenna, Kenneth Hoffmann, Lorraine Young, Dennis Hoffmann, Richard Hoffmann and Mary Jane Donovan. She was the proud grandmother of eleven and great grandmother of seven. She is survived by her sister Eileen McElhill.
- Frances A. Ricca of Merrick died on Jan. 4. She was the wife of Anthony R. Ricca, mother of Mary Ann Wilson and her husband George. She was also the grandmother of Anna and Anthony, sister of the late Joan Clinton and sister-in-law of Brian Clinton.
Get news your way on Bellmore Patch. See our great list of groups and click the green “+ Follow” button on the ones you like. Done!