1. This week is Teacher Appreciation Week and North Bellmore Schools plan to celebrate its dedicated teachers. Read more on Bellmore Patch.
2. An East Meadow High School student recently hosted a car wash to build houses and feeders for goats at Levy Park & Preserve in Merrick. Read more here.
3. Have you met Merrick School Board candidate Dr. Nancy Kaplan? Read more about her accomplishments here.
4. The former Viva Loco Restaurant, which has been in business in Bellmore for more than 20 years, has been vacant for eight months. Read more here.
5. East Meadow's athletes recently marched in the annual annual parade in Veterans Memorial Park. Check out the View Finder here.