A look at what's happening around the Bellmore and Merrick communities on this Thursday.
- Roe's Casa Dolce has opened up in Merrick, and a pair of Merokeans are running the show. Click here to find out more about the newest bakery in the local area.
- Federal law enforcement officials held a closed-door meeting on Tuesday with leaders of numerous area synagogues to discuss the potential of terrorist threats during the upcoming High Holidays. For more on this, click here.
- A motion in Nassau County Supreme Court attempting to have a judge reverse his May decision upholding the Town of Hempstead zoning board’s rejection for North Bellmore strip club owner Billy Dean's cabaret application at a planned Wantagh business has been withdrawn. Click here for more.
- Terry Tiolo, owner of Zippity Doos for the past 15 years, seems to have a certain insight into just what makes a trip to get your hair snipped so special to youngsters. Click here for more in this week's business profile.
- As part of our 2012 Long Island Summer Guide, each Wednesday we're spotlighting the major beach and outdoor events coming up across the Island. Click here for the details.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now