A look at what's happening around Bellmore and Merrick on this Wednesday.
- Westbound Sunrise Highway was closed briefly late Tuesday morning between Bellmore Avenue and Centre Avenue after an accident involving a motorcycle. For more on the crash and the state of the driver, click here.
- Sonia Sotomayor, an associate justice for the United States Supreme Court, visited the bleacher creatures at Yankee Stadium before last Wednesday's game against the Baltimore Orioles, including Bellmore resident "Bald" Vinny Milano. For more on this, click here.
- The grades are in, and the Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District has seen scores improve in all categories except eighth grade math. For more on the results, click here.
- New federal demands for healthier school lunches are causing a summer scramble for Long Island school districts to meet the new demands. Click here for more details on this.
- Looking for something to do with the kids? Head over to the North Bellmore Public Library at 2 p.m. to watch "The Lorax" with the little ones. The event is free, and the viewing will be held in the library's community room.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now