The latest on what's happening around the Bellmore and Merrick areas.
- A Bellmore man was arrested Saturday after allegedly flying his plane at altitudes of 200 feet back in June near John F. Kennedy High School. For more on this story, click here.
- Former Hempstead Public Safety officer Robert Core was found not guilty of manslaughter after his car struck and killed a pedestrian in July of 2011. For more on this story, check out this week's Hempstead Town Notebook by clicking here.
- Four developers have applied to become the master developer of the Nassau Coliseum property, county spokesman Brian Nevin told Newsday [paid link] Tuesday. For more on that, click here.
- Are you interested in the local housing market? Click here for some homes that have recently been sold in Merrick.
- Do you know someone who will soon be applying for colleges? Well Randy Levin has the secrets to the college application essay process. For his tips, click here.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now