A look at what's going on around Bellmore and Merrick.
- Police units were dispatched to a Putnam Avenue home Friday to investigate a "possible burglary," according to detectives. Click here for more on what happened Friday.
- A Bellmore resident has been awarded $5 million following a federal jury verdict Wednesday that ruled his business was damaged from a wrongful Nassau County police arrest in 2007. Click here for all of the details.
- We want to know where the worst eyesores are in the local area. To let us know about eyesores in Bellmore, click here. To inform us about the worst in Merrick, click here.
- Summer is here and with the season comes summer reading time! Fill your bedside table with these new books for adults, recommended by your Diane Bondi, a librarian at the Merrick Library. Click here for some of her recommendations.
- Time Magazine recently released its list of the top 10 iPhone apps for students headed back to school. Click here to take a look at that list, and don't forget to share some other ones you enjoy as well!
Become a blogger today!
Get started now