We hope you all had a wonderful Shabbos under the circumstances. Last night, power was restored to our Chabad House and we are excited to fully reopen and resume our operations, as we work to service our community.
Please note the following:
- All those in the area that still do not have power are invited to a Kosher communal dinner between 6-8 p.m. tonight and every night of this week until power is fully restored. Please RSVP at 516-833-3057 or by replying to this e-mail at rabbik@ChabadJewishLife.org (preferably before 2:30 pm each day).
- If you would like to order a Kosher dinner any night from Kosher Emporium of Plainview, you may place your order with them at 516-932-1331 (before 1:30 p.m.), and they will be delivering dinner every evening to Merrick.
- If you need a warm place to stay, please contact us and we will try to help you find warm accommodations.
- If you are able to host anyone in your home, please let us know so that we can extend your hospitality to others.
- If you need to charge your cell phone, use your computers, or bring your children to a warm playroom to hang out or just want to warm up, we will have rooms available for that as well.
- We have restocked on hands-free flashlights and batteries for those who still need.
- If you need help cleaning out your homes from all the water damage, please contact us as we have volunteers available.
- If you are able to volunteer your services to help out in any way, please contact us as well.
- To donate to our local hurricane relief fund, which assists us in our local efforts, and will be distributed to families in our community who need it, please click here (please note in the comment box-Hurricane Relief).
- To donate to the general Chabad hurricane relief fund, whose proceeds will go directly to our network of centers that have been hard-hit by the hurricane, please click here.
For more information on any of the above, or to RSVP for dinner, please reply to this e-mail at email@example.com or call us at 516-833-3057.
Rabbi Shimon & Chanie Kramer
Want more stories like this? Follow our storm-related groups for instant updates on your homepage feed: