INSURANCE RESOURCE CENTER
The New York State Department of Financial Services is available at Cedar Creek Park daily from 8 a.m to 8 p.m. to offer residents advice on how to file an insurance claim for property damage from Hurricane Sandy. Representatives will also be present from several of the nation’s largest insurance companies, including: Allstate, Metlife, New York Life, Travelers, USAA and more.
FEMA REGISTRATION CENTER
A FEMA Registration Center in Cedar Creek Park is open daily from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. to assist residents with registering for disaster aid, and housing and rental assistance.
RED CROSS FOOD DISTRIBUTION
The Red Cross has opened a meal distribution centers at Cedar Creek Park. Daily meals are served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
FREE LAUNDRY FACILITY
Washers and dryers are available to residents at Cedar Creek Park. Residents may operate these appliances free of charge. Free detergent is also available at this facility.
- LIPA: 1-800-490-0075/631-755-6900
- National Grid: 1-800-490-0045 (Gas Leaks)/1-800-930-5003 (Service)
- Nassau County Non-Emergency Hotline: 1-888-684-4274
- Consumer Affairs Price Gouging Hotline: 516-571-2449
- FEMA Disaster Assistance Hotline: 1-800-621-3362
- NYS Hotline for Insurance Issues: 1-800-339-1759
- Nassau Chapter of American Red Cross: 516-747-3500