1. East Meadow School District was recently given an increase in State Aid for the 2012-13 school year. The schools are getting about 4 percent more. See all the details later on East Meadow Patch.
2. The Friends of the Merrick Library host an ongoing book fair at the Library Wing, 2369 Merrick Ave. on Wednesdays. The sale starts at 1:30 p.m. and books are available for as little as $1.
3. Get ready to Zumba! Head to the Bellmore American Legion at 6 p.m. to enjoy the latest workout craze. Can't make it? See the full schedule here.
4. Keith's Plumbing Heating and Drain Cleaning was recently named Merrick Patch's Business of the Week! Want to be Business of the Week too? E-mail Emily.Cappiello@patch.com.
5. In case you missed it: UFC legend and East Meadow native Matt Serra helped fight a little boy's cancer at Mulcahy's in Wantagh. For the full story, click here.