- Hempstead Town Attorneys met with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) and have agreed to designate 100 permitted spots for Town of Hempstead residents at the Bellmore Long Island Rail Road Train Station.
- The decision on the possible historical landmark status of the nearly century-old Stevens House of Bellmore will have to wait for now, as the Hempstead Town Board decided to delay their vote on the matter until a later date.
- Stay on top of Nassau County police activity in neighboring towns with our weekly Crimes Nearby report. Featured news in this week's report include a gunpoint robbery at a Gamestop and car tire slashings.
- A Freeport murder victim, who was left to die in a burning house by her husband, had reportedly lived in Merrick for three years prior.
- Check out this heartwarming video report on a very special young lady, Sari Cohan of Bellmore, meeting her new four-legged best friend for the very first time. The parents of Sari, who has autism, say that this will really make a difference in her life.
About this column: If nothing else, take with you this daily guide to what's happening, and what's news in Bellmore and Merrick.