1. In Bellmore, half of a building on Merrick Road remains vacant. See what a local business owner wants to see fill the space by clicking here. Don't forget to tell Patch what you would like to see in the comment section!
2. Merrick native Michael Kors recently spoke about some parts of his upbringing in Merrick. Click here to read the story (and see where he was on his prom night!).
3. Knitters are invited to join in and work on their projects at the North Bellmore Library at 4 p.m.
4. It's summer and Merrick's Curb Appeal column is back! Visit Merrick Patch at 2 p.m. to see the first home of the year and what's great about it. You may be in for a surprise.
5. Proud of your graduating son or daughter? Send us an email with their name, school, and if graduating high school, where they plan to attend in the fall. Also, send us your personalized message to them and, of course, a photo! Email Danielle.DeSouza@patch.com.