1. Long Island Crisis Center was recently informed that their funding from Nassau County was restored. Read the full story here.
2. Senator Fuschillo recently called for stricter BUI laws after a recent boating accident lead to a fatality. See more details about what he is proposing here.
3. Head out to the car show at the Bellmore train station on Friday night at 6 p.m. for some free fun! Have a photo from the car show to share? Email Danielle.DeSouza@patch.com.
4. Maximus Salon recently closed it's doors, as the employees merged with their Carle Place location. What do you think should take over that vacant spot? Click here to tell us what you would like to see.
5. Like to keep up with all of the local news? Click here to get the Merrick Patch newsletter sent to your inbox. Want to see what's going on in Bellmore? Sign up here.