- The Supreme Court upheld the Town of Hempstead Board of Appeals' decision to deny White Castle from opening a drive-thru in Bellmore.
- The Mepham girls basketball team improved to 6-0 after racking up 13 first-half steals and defeating Elmont 53-41.
- The Bellmore Fire Department, in coordination with the New York Blood Center, held a successful community blood drive.
- A Massapequa woman was arrested after police say from a North Merrick doctor's office, where she was employed as a medical assistant.
- The Calhoun High School girls basketball team put on an offensive show in the first half to dispatch of Long Beach.
- Three students at Kennedy High School have been named National Merit Scholarship semifinalists and they spoke with Patch about their lofty ambitions.
- A Clarke High School student was killed in a Westbury car accident on Tuesday night. Police say that Anthony Posillico, 17, of Westbury, was speeding and ran a stop sign that led to the crash.
- Family and friends held a silent candlelight memorial on Wednesday for Anthony Posillico at the scene of the car accident that took his life on Tuesday night.
- East Meadow High School's Boys Basketball team rallied from an 11-point deficit at Herricks to pull out an unlikely victory.
- A Levittown health care aid was arrested for charging $1,650.36 in jewelry and gasoline on a client's credit card.
- Island Trees High School is starting a new course to help students with the college application process.
- The MacArthur Generals' basketball team beat Plainview in what coach Eric Rubin called their "best game of the season".