- Kennedy senior Josh Cohen was announced as a semifinalist in the 2011 Intel Science Talent Search.
- Leonidas Cotsifas, of Bethpage, was sentenced to 45 years in prison after he was convicted of assault, burglary, and other charges stemming from a violent one-man crime spree in Bellmore in October 2009.
- The Bellmore Fire Department responded to a small fire at Gennaro Jewelers on Tuesday after a gas meter in the basement exploded.
- A new Idol Watch column featured Calhoun principal Dave Seinfeld speaking about Robbie Rosen as member of the student body and the excitement in the air at Calhoun.
- The North Merrick fire chief was issued a citation at the scene of an accident on Wednesday after an altercation with a New York State trooper.
- Eight-year-old Bellmore resident Morgan Mass donated 10-inches of hair to Locks of Love in honor of Merrick resident Sadie Freifeld, a 3-year-old who is battling neuroblastoma.
- St. Raphael's Church was evacuated on Tuesday afternoon due to a suspicious odor emanating from the building.
- Another snowstorm dropped 14 inches on East Meadow between Wednesday and Thursday. Check out some local residents' responses about the cleanup, and be sure to take a look at our photo gallery.
- The Nassau University Medical Center dealt with several cases of Influenza on Wednesday, although hospital officials said that it has been contained to the "psychiatric population."
- Looking to volunteer? Levittown resident Carol Klein is looking to expand her organization, Our Heroes Night Out.
- Levittown kids enjoyed yet another snow day, especially since it got them out of taking Regents exams until June.
- A woman had her purse stolen by a serial purse snatcher at the Levittown BJs, but the suspects have been arrested.
- Wantagh United Teachers (WUT) are pressing hard to get a new contract after working without a contract for the last half year.
- A video of New York Jets fans at Mulcahy's in Wantagh reacting to the AFC title game loss to he Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Seaford resident and vice president of the Greater L.I. Running Club, Mindy Davidson, helped organize a blood drive at Runners Edge on Main Street in Farmingdale.