The music scene in Bellmore has grown over the past decade or so to become widely known for attracting veteran performers for events, as well as impromptu jams, and for welcoming brave new talent.
Whether classics, such as those showcased at local libraries, or newbies learning and performing via the Rock Underground, venues for enjoying musical performances in our little neck of the woods abound. These include:
- KJ Farrel’s - Open jams, live bands … where the pros are known to just show up.
- BC’s Pub - Individuals and bands, where Long Island talent converges.
- Rock Underground - Performances by student rock musicians in various spots in Bellmore.
- Merrick-Bellmore Community Concert Association - Showcasing classical, jazz and other visiting and varied professional groups
- Bellmore Jewish Center - The Bellmore Players perform award-winning Broadway musicals, such as “L’il Abner” and “There Ain't Nothin' Like a Dame” as well as concerts such as upcoming Swing Into Spring.
- Temple Beth El - Concert presentations such as the recent groundbreaking Safam.
- Bellmore Memorial Library - Varied concerts, such as upcoming Bobby Darin tribute, as well as the monthly Songwriters' Showcase.
- North Bellmore Library - Varied concerts of varied genres, such as the summertime treat “Gathering Time” outdoor concert.
- Bellmore Movies - Children’s and general musical theatre offerings, as well as varied musical concerts.
Be sure to come back here next Tuesday for idea #90! Click here if you missed the previous posts.