It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars, restaurants and shops to explore.
- Boardwalk Bandshell: Reckoning Where/When? Jones Beach State Park; Friday, 7:30 p.m. Why Go? Grateful Dead tribute band Reckoning brings a little bit of Woodstock to the stage at Jones Beach this Friday. Parking available in Field 4. Pricing: Free, open to all.
- American Heart Association / Kaylee’s Heart Fundraiser Where/When? The Nutty Irishman; Saturday, 3 p.m. Why Go? Kaylee Rose is a little girl who was born with two congenital heart defects. Help her parents to raise funds to bring awareness to heart disease so one day no one will have to go through what Kaylee did. Pricing: Pre-Sale Tickets $20 - At The Door $25.
- Blink-182 and My Chemical Romance Live at Jones Beach Where/When? Nikon at Jones Beach Theater; Saturday, 7 p.m. Why Go? Two of the hottest bands in the business today play at Nikon at Jones Beach, ensuring that the beachfront theater will be filled with teens ready to rock. Pricing: $65 - $967.
- PANLIC Bicycle Ride Fundraiser for American Skin Association Where/When? Park Ave & Beech St, Wantagh, NY; Sunday, 6 a.m. Why Go? Join the Pan-Long Island Challenge (PANLIC), a 100-mile scenic and fun bike ride dedicated to raising money for skin cancer research. Hop on your wheels and join this important event, starting bright and early Sunday morning. Pricing: Open to All.
- Sunday Night Funnies Where/When? Brokerage Comedy Club; Sunday, 8 p.m. Why Go? Everyone could use a few good chuckles before heading out to yet another long, hard work week. So, stop on by the Brokerage Comedy Club this Sunday evening and get some! Pricing: $22, plus a 2-drink minimum.
And still you want more? Check out our family-friendly Grab & Go Kids Planner.