Here are the best photos of 2013:
- A tanker fire broke out on Sunrise Highway in Bellmore in December. Though no one was seriously injured, families were displaced due to the blaze.
- All candy lovers were in heaven when Chocolate Works of Bellmore-Merrick opened on Merrick Road in November. Customers can enjoy an an array of truffles, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate lollipops, hard candy and peanut butter cups.
- The Cupcake Lady, held it's third Annual Cupcake Eating Contest in July. The proceeds of the event went to Long Island Cares, the region's first food bank that serves individuals and families in need.
- The Bellmore community united and enjoyed two days of food, rides, expos and entertainment at the the Chamber of Commerce of the Bellmores' 27th Annual Bellmore Family Street Festival in September.
- On Dec. 10, the first snowfall of the year fell in Bellmore-Merrick.