Editor's Note: This article was written and submitted by Chris Boyle.
1. According to Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice, Hempstead Town Clerk Mark Bonilla had considered paying a female subordinate $10,000 after she had filed a claim of sexual harassment against him. Click here
for the full story.
2. Merrick resident Francis Egan, who was among six firefighters killed in one of New York City's worst fires 50 years ago, will be honored next month at the site of the deadly blaze. Click here
for the details.
3. Nassau County Police are investigating a burglary that took place at Sacred Heart School and Church in North Merrick. Click here
to learn more about this incident.
4. Fake celeberty prankster and Bellmore resident Brett Cohen is currently in talks to possibly get his very own TV show. Click here
to read all about it.
5. The main topic of discussion at this month’s meeting of the North Bellmore Civic Association centered on revisions to the proposed renovations to the Citgo Gas station located at the intersection of Bellmore, Park, and Jerusalem Avenues. Click here
to read out full report on the meeting.About this column: If nothing else, take with you this daily guide to what's happening, and what's news in Bellmore and Merrick.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now