Participants can sign up at the library or call (516) 785-6260 to make an appointment. Drop-ins are also welcome.
According to Long Island Blood Services, in order for participants to donate blood, they must meet the following requirements:
- Must bring an ID with a signature or photo
- Must be a minimum of 110 pounds
- Must be the ages of 16 to 76 (16 year olds must have parental permission and people over the age of 76 need a doctor’s note)
- Must eat well and drink fluids beforehand
- No tattoos in the past 12 months