Red light cameras are a hot topic in Bellmore.
When you get notified of wrongdoing in the mail, they send you a photo of the infraction. If that's not enough, you get a link to watch the video as well.
The Nassau County Department of Traffic Safety released a list of the current red light cameras up around Bellmore, which you can see below.
Here’s a look at 12 intersections with red light cameras:
- Bellmore: Merrick Road and Bellmore Avenue
- Bellmore: Newbridge Road and Bellmore Avenue
- Merrick: Merrick Road and Merrick Avenue
- Wantagh: Gardiners Avenue and Hempstead Turnpike
- Wantagh: Sunrise Highway and Wantagh Avenue
- Levittown: Wantagh Avenue and Hempstead Turnpike
- Levittown: Wantagh Avenue and Old Jerusalem Road
- East Meadow: Hempstead Turnpike and Merrick Avenue
- East Meadow: Hempstead Turnpike and Newbridge Road
- Massapequa: Merrick Road and Park Boulevard
- Massapequa: Sunrise Highway and Unqua Lane
- Massapequa: Hicksville Road and Merrick Road
What do you think about red light cameras? Do you think they’re a good think. Sound off on our Road Rage blog or comment below.