The Chamber of Commerce of the Bellmores, in cooperation with the U.S. Marine Corps, will participate in the Toys for Tots program.
Established by Major Bill Hendricks with the support of his Los Angeles Marine Corps unit in 1947, the program was so successful that it was adopted and expanded nationwide in 1948.
The Toys for Tots program "makes possible the collection and distribution of toys, donated by the community, in order to make the holidays happier and brighter for needy children."
Chamber businesses will serve as collection sites and residents are asked to bring a new and unwrapped toy to any location with a Toys for Tots poster displayed by Dec. 15.
- A Taste of Home Bakery, 1992 North Jerusalem Road
- Allied Medical and Rehabilitation, 2154 Newbridge Road
- Bellmore Fire Department, 230 Pettit Ave.
- Bellmore Movies, 222 Pettit Ave.
- Chamber of Commerce of the Bellmores, 1514 Bellmore Ave.
- Citibank, 2160 Bedford Ave.
- Creative Corner, 305-309 C Bedford Ave.
- The Dirty Dawg, 1867 Newbridge Road
- Have You Heard?, 2554 Merrick Road
- King Kullen, 2730 Sunrise Highway
- New York State Assemblyman David McDonough, 404 Bedford Ave.
- Vamps Club,1500 Newbridge Road
- Piccolo Ristorante, 2770 Sunrise Highway
- Ridgewood Savings Bank, 2080 Bellmore Ave.
- Roslyn Savings Bank, 2641 Merrick Road
- Stop & Shop, Newbridge Road and Jerusalem Avenue
- Law Office of David Paul Weiss, 406 Bedford Ave.
- Zorn’s Famous Chicken & Ribs, 2495 Merrick Road
For more information, call the Bellmore Chamber at (516) 679-1875.